Monday, February 23, 2009

Respect life...it's so fragile

I really don't understand people who are pro-choice. I know many of you out there reading this may be pro-choice but I don't understand how anyone could think that a baby is not worth keeping no matter what the situation. I recently had a niece born via emergency c-section because her heart rate skyrocketed and they didn't know why. It was a very traumatic experience for her parents and the rest of the family. Now that I have seen pictures of her and as I look at my own children (Sarah who is trying to type on the computer) I can't imagine life without children. I know I've never been in a situation where I was pregnant when I didn't want to be because guess what THEY KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT and how to prevent it. Now I'm not going to go into how to prevent babies because that I do believe is your own personal choice. However, once God has planted the seed so to speak, I believe it is your responsibility to nurture and grow that seed. You chose to take the steps to have the seed, so be an adult and take care of what God has entrusted to you. This doesn't mean you have to keep and raise this child. If you are not financially, emotionally or mature enough to raise the child, trust me there are many many people out there who are. Playing God by deciding who lives and who dies is not a human choice.
Where is this coming from, who knows. It's not like I just had someone tell me they got an abortion. Maybe because I saw what my brother and sister in law went through with their new daughter. I've had discussions with pro-choice people and their logic just doesn't make sense to me. Now I say pro-choice not pro-abortion because I don't like that word. 90% of pro-choice people are not pro-abortion. The only people in the world that are pro-abortion are those who perform them or those who have them. Just because someone believes it's your choice to have an abortion doesn't mean they think it's a good thing, now that being said it also doesn't mean they respect life because if they did it would mean they would do everything in their power to prevent people from doing it.
Like I said, I don't know where this is coming from but I guess because I look and my children, my nieces and nephews and wonder how anyone could not want to respect life.

No comments:

Post a Comment