Saturday, November 9, 2013

Gratefulness and re-capping the year

It's amazing that all of a sudden on November 1st people start telling you what they are grateful for. Are they only grateful in November. I realize it's because of Thanksgiving. We are entering into the busy holiday season and we need to remind ourselves what is great about our life. It's like sending Christmas cards/ letters out in December. Why do we do this in November/ December? Is this why the holiday season is so busy or do we have more time to do things these two months because the weather is yucky outside?  Whatever the reason, we consume ourselves with telling everyone else what we are grateful for in November and remind everyone what we did this year in December. I'd like to know what you are grateful for in May or August, not just November. I guess I don't do it so why should I expect others to do it. I have a hard enough time coming up with a list on my own (which I'm attempting to come up with 1000 gifts/ grateful items) in the next year. I was doing really well for a few days but I haven't gotten out my journal for about a week. Why? Life? Death? Not feeling grateful for daily grind things like laundry sitting on my bed. Although I should! Most people in the world don't have loads of laundry on their bed. We tend to forget about the big world outside our own world.
So if you express your gratitude only in November, that is fine. Please remember to express it year round so the rest of us, know you are grateful for the dishes, laundry and messy floors year round...


This is dedicated to Paula Auth. The one I know reads these ramblings of "just a mom"

No comments:

Post a Comment