Friday, August 22, 2008

Being a homeowner is fun....kind of

Let me tell you something: Growing up, going to college and gettting married, everyone always told me owning your own home means you have an investment, means you are not throwing money down the drain. They did not tell me you also have to mow the lawn, fix broken pips and above all, rebuild the whole house after you bought it. Now I know most people don't have to do that because they buy a house that maybe needs paint or a touch up of something. "We" bought a fixer-upper. By "we" I mean, Phil bought it and I went along with the notion I may have to sweep and mop and paint a litte. I was such a naive homeowner. I didn't realize I would be ripping up carpeting, scraping floors and moving walls. I'm glad to say that 95% of the inside is done. Now we are moving outside. Currently we are working on getting our house painted. We are doing it ourselves as well, because they (the world) charge an arm and a leg for professional painting. Then hopefully we can re-roof the house before the rain comes. Don't get me wrong, I love being a homeowner. We get to have things the way we want them but obviously it's a lot of work getting there. I keep feeling like I'm a "I'll like it when..... type of homeowner. Someday soon it will be done. We've only been at it 4 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment