Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I've joined the 21st century

Ok, I know this is my third post today. I don't post for a month and then do three in one day but what can I say, I should be in bed (ok, I am in bed, just not sleeping)
I thought I was part of the 21st century but I haven't been totally part of it. I have a cell phone, I email, I have a flat panel TV and a laptop. However, I had never sent or received a text message, at least not received one from a real person. However tonight my phone made a noise like a message had been received. I thought I wonder what that was (see I'm new to this cell phone world). I realized I got a text. I figured it was some ad from AT&T but I thought I would look at it anyway. It was from my bro-in-law Jon asking me about wine for Thanksgiving. First of all, I was excited I got a text and then I sent him a note back (I'm pretty sure). I felt very grown up. It's amazing how far people have come in their lives. It makes me wonder what I will be talking to my grandkids about. Will there be things that I never had that will be second nature to them? Yes there will be. Imagine what it will be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment