Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What would I be like without kids

I sometimes wonder where my life would be if I didn't have kids. I ussually wonder this when my kids are driving me bonkers. I think things like I could sleep in, I could go places that are not kid friendly, (which I can't think of any places like that now). The question is, would I want to go to those places. Would I be happy not having children. There is no way to tell because you can't miss what you haven't experienced can you?
We had a playdate with a new friend today. I was a little worried about it because from the outside looking in, this fellow mom seemed to be what I was really looking for in a new friend. She lives close by, has kids the same age and seems really happy with her life. However I tend to think that about people (other moms) and then they turn out to be crazy or their kids drive me nuts. However, I was pleasently surpised. She was all those wonderful things I thought I saw and our kids got along with each other with no tears (almost). I don't really have a point but I just wonder where my life would be without kids. I can't imagine it.

No comments:

Post a Comment