Monday, December 29, 2008

thoughts about Christmas, traveling ect...

Now that Christmas is over (at least the secular holiday), everyone seems to start thinking about the next holiday. In this case Valentines day. I could probably go to the store and see a number of heart related stuff. However Christmas isn't over. In fact, Christmas day is the 1st day of the Christmas season which will last until at the minimum January 6th, Epiphany. But like everyone I'm ready for the tree to come down and the lights to be put away for another 12 months. Maybe I'm feeling this way because it's a sloppy mess outside. It was so pretty before Christmas. Granted, we were house bound because the roads were so bad but it felt nice. It was beautiful outside and we were inside listening to Christmas music and drinking hot chocolate. Now, we could be doing the same thing but it just doesn't feel the same.
I had a friend say to me that she couldn't believe I had to travel for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I told her "well I've been doing it for 15 years so I'm used it it." However, I'm starting to think we are in for a change. I don't think my family (parents, siblings, husband and kids) are ready for the change but I'm thinking that traveling 5-7 hours in opposite directions a month apart from each other in the winter may not happen in the future. We'll see. I keep telling myself what is right for MY family is what i need to do.
As I look toward the new year, everyone looks at what they can change about themselves and I find myself doing the same thing. What do I want to change about myself, better about myself.... I'll keep those thoughts to myself since I have not concreated them in my own head yet. Just know that my goals are to live life to the fullest and not view the world as what could happen or what has happened but what is happening!! words to live by!

No comments:

Post a Comment