Saturday, January 5, 2013

A year ago.....

 Every January, people look back at the previous year and evaluate their year. Was it a good year? Was it a bad year? What changed? A year ago, I thought 2012 was going to be a continuation of the 2011. I was still a stay at home mom, married to an engineer with the Corps of Engineers and mom to three kids, two of which were in school. Only one more at home.. ahh.

In mid January my sister called and convinced me go on a quick girls trip to California. We were able to get decent tickets (she had a credit that had to be used) and we were able to stay with Phil's brother and use his car so saved money right there. We had a wonderful time. So relaxing, so many giggles.... Neither of us had been so relaxed in a long time. God knew I needed that vacation because he was about to throw me a curve ball. When I got home I found out I was pregnant.

So.... a year ago I didn't think I would have any more kids... I was surprised and a tad shaken. Am I going to be able to handle 4 kids. Are they going to survive? Am I going to survive? Well  a year later and 2012 was a continuation of 2011, just with another beautiful boy in our family. He came on October 13th (yes he will have a Friday the 13th birthday but he won't get the significance). The planner in me, planned the perfect birth and it happened just the way I wanted (with the exception that I tried to get induced on the 11th so he would have 10-11-12 as a birthdate, but that's ok). The birth was perfect. I was relaxed and couldn't feel a thing (which is what I wanted after 3 births with no pain meds)

Now another year is beginning. What will this year bring? I am looking forward to watching my family grow (up that is, not multiply). I'm trying new things to make my life the way I want it to be, with friends, family and myself.

My goals for 2013 (not resolutions)

  • Catch up on scrapbooking (I'm on 2011 right now. ugg)
  • Have friends over for a meal at least once a month
  • Have more girls nights out
  • Get in shape (don't care about the number on the scale, just want to feel good)
  • Make new memories with my kids (like taking them to California)

So here is to the goals of 2013!!! Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment